Revolution English is dedicated to helping people practice the English language and gain confidence and fluency. When you share information with us we can help you achieve that goal by helping you find the right content and making your studying quicker and more effective.
It is Revolution English’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website and mobile platforms. To accomplish this, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We only collect your personal information when we need it, and only what we need to provide you with our services.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to provide and develop our services, comply with the law, or protect the rights, property or safety of Revolution English, our users or the public.
- We don’t store your personal information unless it’s required for the ongoing operation of our services.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS SHARED
Information you choose to share on Revolution English
Certain information about you or activities you perform on Revolution English may be displayed publicly, for example, information included on your user profile, classes you have joined, the amount of English practice you report, or high scores you have achieved. Whenever possible, we provide you with choices about the privacy of your information on Revolution English. For example, you can opt out of our practice tracking competitions.
How Revolution English shares this information
Revolution English does not share your information unless one of the following conditions applies:
With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Revolution English when we have your consent to do so.
For external processing
Revolution English provides personal and non-personal information to our partners, trusted organizations, vendors and other affiliated organizations to process it on our behalf. Some of these contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country. Our providers process data in accordance with our instructions, Privacy Notice and any other appropriate confidentiality, security or other requirements we deem necessary in order to comply with Revolution English’s obligations. By using Revolution English, you agree to allow these companies to process your data on our behalf, regardless of where they are located.
To respond to legal and other requests and to prevent harm
Revolution English will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Revolution English if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
Respond to or meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other enforceable governmental request.
Enforce our Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
Protect against and prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of Revolution English, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Publicly or for research purposes
From time to time, Revolution English may release non-personal information in the aggregate or as part of anonymized datasets, for example, by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website or mobile application.
IF YOU ARE AN EDUCATION PROVIDER
If you are an Education Provider (as defined below) who will be using Revolution English with Students in connection with your educational institution, district or class located or based in the United States, Student Data provided or generated through your or your Students’ use of Products may be subject to the U.S. Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”). For that reason:
- “Education Providers” means educational institutions and teachers, administrators, school district representatives and other individuals acting on behalf of the educational institution or the school district, who provide Students with access to Revolution English and/or work with Students in connection with Revolution English.
- “Student” means an individual person enrolled as a student at an Education Provider.
“Student Data” means information maintained by Revolution English or any third party on Revolution English’s behalf relating to a Student, including any education records (as defined under FERPA) that are disclosed by Education Providers to Revolution English, except that Student Data does not include a record that has had personal data removed such that the Student’s identity is not uniquely identifiable from the record and there is no reasonable basis to believe that the remaining information can be used to identify an individual.
- “Student Data” means information maintained by Revolution English or any third party on Revolution English’s behalf relating to a Student, including any education records (as defined under FERPA) that are disclosed by Education Providers to Revolution English, except that Student Data does not include a record that has had personal data removed such that the Student’s identity is not uniquely identifiable from the record and there is no reasonable basis to believe that the remaining information can be used to identify an individual.