Revolution English is an EdTech service that empowers English Language Learners with coaching and English Language programming delivered via Facebook Messenger and other platforms. The Program Manager will lead an effort to expand a program for community colleges and adult schools, and also develop new B2B opportunities outside of Adult Education, like employer-sponsored ESL / ESOL programs. The Program Manager should be passionate about selling and building strategic partnerships to improve the lives of immigrants in the United States.
Revolution English is a young organization that has had massive breakthroughs. Over the last year it grew to become one of the nation’s largest digital media platforms for immigrants, with half a million subscribers. If you think big, and like to roll up your sleeves every day, use lean experimentation principles, and thrive in a data-driven, experiment-oriented culture, this role might be for you. Revolution English is a diverse team of entrepreneurs who love A/B tests, spreadsheets, and making lasting, positive social change
Who we’re looking for
- Passion for selling and business development as a means to inspire and empower immigrants in the United States.
- Hunger to learn and grow as a leader and one day lead sales and business development for Revolution English.
- Drive to help us scale Revolution English into a wildly successful business with massive social impact.
- A natural seller who thrives when presenting, closing a sale, and nurturing relationships with potential partners.
- A collaborative team-player, and a self-starter who can learn emerging technologies and get into the nitty-gritty of working in a data-driven media organization.
- A believer in building political power for disenfranchised groups in general, and advancing the rights of immigrants in the U.S. in particular.
- A coachable, nimble, supportive and forward thinking teammate.
- Open and responsive to feedback and willingness to grow
- Understanding and embrace of rapid experimentation methodology (like Lean Startup)
We are deeply committed to expanding racial, ethnic and gender equity, and prospective applicants should be committed to these values as well!
What you’ll do:
The Program Manager will be a vital member of a small team and learn the ins and outs of our startup.
Revolution English has a schools program that works symbiotically with English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESL / ESOL) programs at Community Colleges and Adult Schools. The Program Manager will own this program and help to develop and scale it across the nation. Additionally, the program manager will lead strategically aligned efforts to explore other partnerships outside of adult education, especially with employers.
- Lead the expansion of our partnerships with community colleges and adult schools
- Nurture existing relationships and establish new ones with leadership, administrators and teachers in schools that offer (ESL / ESOL programs) and EL Civics programs.
- Research new leads
- Set up a customer pipeline
- Make cold calls
- Travel for in person presentations
- Close new sales to schools
- Develop new B2B opportunities outside of Adult Education, like employer-sponsored ESL programs
Where You’ll Work
- Primarily remote, with some sales-related travel required, as necessary.
- Team meetings held in-person once every six weeks in Los Angeles or Oakland.
- Travel expenses paid.
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting immigrants in the U.S.
- B2B Sales or Business Development experience
- Comfort with spreadsheets, cost modeling, financial projections
- Voracious appetite to learn
- Self-starter / strong intrinsic motivation
- Written fluency in Spanish
Preference given to those with:
- Native fluency in at least one language other than English, especially Spanish, Mandarin or Cantonese, Tagalog, Vietnamese, or Arabic
- Teaching experience
- Ed-tech experience
- Startup experience
- Marketing Experience
- Familiarity with lean startup methodologies, rapid experimentation protocols, or statistical significance
- Based in the Bay Area or Los Angeles
Salary & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $55,000 to $65,000 depending on relevant professional experience. Incentives include bonuses for new schools onboarded, individual B2B sales incentives, and team-wide revenue benchmark bonuses. A generous benefits package includes health care coverage; parental leave; educational loan assistance; retirement plan; as well as paid holidays, vacation, and sick days.
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] Please put: “Program Manager” in the subject line. Also, because we want to make sure you are comfortable with numbers and spreadsheets, please email an Excel file with the answers to the following problem (please show your work):
We build a list of 1,000 subscribers to our media service and send them messages once a week. We make $0.03 per subscribed user each time we send them something. Each week, 1.2% of the list unsubscribes. Assuming these rates stay constant, at the end of one year, how much money will we have made and how many subscribers would we have left?
More About Us
Revolution English is incubated by Accelerate Change, a project of the New Futures Funds which is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that immigrants, English language learners, people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people must be centered in the work we do, and strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
To learn more about our theory of change for civic organizations, read our Stanford Social Innovation Review article, The Secret of Scale:
Revolution English is incubated by Accelerate Change, a project of the New Futures Funds which is an equal opportunity employer.