Start conversations with people in your community
Co-workers, neighbors, and parents at your children’s school are a great way to start! Many bank tellers, bus drivers, hairdressers, and grocery store cashiers are happy to have a conversation too.
Write down a list of conversation starters. You can start with these:
- How was your weekend?
- Things are busy today! How are you doing?
- Traffic was really bad today! Do you know why?
- Do you have children? How old are they?
- Do you watch soccer (or another sport)? What’s your team?
- What are you doing for the holiday?
And when you eavesdrop, listen to how other people start conversations. Write those down too!