3. Watch the video:
4. Read the text:
Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program
SNAP used to be called food stamps. It offers nutritional assistance to millions of eligible low-income American families.
- Improvements to the program have kept fraud and abuse at a historic low.
- 40% of households receiving snap have at least one working person.
- Snap can’t be used to purchase non-food items.
- It is strictly prohibited to buy beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes or tobacco.
- For each additional dollar a person receives in snap they are more likely to buy healthy food.
- The average time people spend on snap is 8 to 10 months.