3. Watch the video:
4. Read the text:
- Objection Sustained: a witness at trial is asked a question by his or her attorney and the other attorney objects, now the judge can decide whether or not to overruled the objection.
- Surrogates court: oversees all cases involving estates, what the person who died has left to their family.
- Deposition: is a question and an answer session, an opportunity to give sworn testimony about what has happened to you.
- Appeal: a party has lost at a ruling, you go to a higher court to ask them to reconsider the decision.
- Right of Subrogation: legal right held by most insurance carriers to legally pursue a third party that accused an insurance loss to the insured.
- Hearsay: when a witness is in court and is asked a question about something they heard somebody else talk about.